Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Special Day

My Special Day.....

I have given myself permission ,
to make this my special day,
I will take my easel and my paints,
and go outside to play.

Of course, all of you who know me,
know those are my favorite toys,
So, I'll go under a mossy tree,
to distance myself from any noise.

I'll just listen quietly,
to the birds singing up above,
They seem to be chanting their songs,
of Mother Nature's love.

The tree will give me enough shade,
to keep me nice and cool,
and enough sunlight like in the days
of preparatory school!

The art teacher would always say,
"Just stand up there and paint,
Let if flow right through your body,
knowing no restraint."

" Let your brushes guide you,
and your inhibitions, just let go,
then before you realize,
a masterpiece will grow."

So her words I always hear ,
whenever I detect,
A painting blooming in front of me,
I give her my utmost respect.

Well those birds are flying high,
almost on a mission,
to deliver happiness,
to all who give permission.

These trees that are surrounding me,
are inspiring me to paint,
So if you will excuse me now ,
I'll allow myself 'no restraint.'

No comments:

Post a Comment